Monday, December 8, 2014

Batik 

Batiking is a form of dying fabric to create a design where wax or some sort of resistance creates the design where the fabric is not dyed. 

This was one of my favorite projects even though it is the project that took me the most time to do. 

After creating a design, I took my piece of fabric, placed it over an outlined sketch of my design. I then took my resistance and traced my design. When the resistance was dry, I painted of the whole fabric with non washable tempera paint. After the paint was dry I picked off the resistance and washed my fabric. 

I really wanted to create something fun and interesting to look at with this project. My design was very small in some areas which was pretty difficult to make, and painful to scratch off the very thin resistance off the fabric. 

All in all, after everything was done, I was very pleased with how this project turned out. I was happy that all the little details show and I love that my project was unlike anyone else's. 

Tutorials for this project can be found here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment