Monday, December 8, 2014

Internal Texture - Watercolor Techniques 

This project was great for getting the feel of different techniques used with watercolor. 

Internal Texture was created for this project by food. Everyone in my class was required to bring some kind of food to class to share. We then ate the food and painted, with watercolor, what the food reminded us of, or how it made us feel. 

I painted (from left to right) Cheetos and carrots [rubbing alcohol to create texture], dried apples [wax to create texture], salsa [wet on wet], sweetish fish [salt], gummy worms [wet on wet], and oatmeal, pumpkin, chocolate chip bread [the end of my paintbrush]. 

I really enjoyed this project because who doesn't like eating in class? and, it gave me a better feel for watercolor and what I can do and created with it. 

A tutorial for this project can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment