Monday, December 8, 2014

Color Assignments



As a class we went into this assignment blind. We had no idea what we were doing, we just knew we were painting with certain colors on huge pieces of paper.


  Then the music started and we were told to paint what we felt on our colored paper with our black or white paint. We then were told when to switch to the other color.

I personally really disliked the song that was played. It made me have an awful feeling inside which i showed with my big black splotches of black. The white was then put into add to the piece. 


For the second painting, we were told to pick a shape and and two complimentary colors. I have always really liked the colors blue and orange together, so I decided to choose them. We then were told to chose one of our colors and create every of it my mixing it with white. Then we were suppose to do the same with the second color. Then, we were suppose to mix the complimentary colors to create ever shade. 

This project is a great way to teach students about complimentary colors, the color wheel and about different shades of colors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment