Monday, December 8, 2014

Rhythm Sculpture 

Rhythm: movement or procedure with 
uniform or patterned recurrence 
of a beat, accent, or the like.

We talked about how to create rhythm with objects by creating recurring  patterns with shape and color. 

We had to have at least three layers and some color for this project. 

I chose yellow, blue, and red because I love the colors yellow and blue together, and I thought that red would be a nice color to go along with yellow and blue. I created a pattern with my mini Popsicle sticks, then I added some color, then I added my yellow and red squares, along with the toothpicks and the yellow and blue squares. I wanted to have different flows and rhythms throughout my piece so I made everything go in different directions. 


You can find a tutorial for this project here




No comments:

Post a Comment