Monday, December 8, 2014

Georgia O'Keeffe Flowers 


Georgia O'Keeffe focused on flowers and viewing them with a different perspective. 

This project was based off of her watercolor flowers. 

I really enjoyed this project. Personally, I love flowers, always have and always will. I have always thought that painting them was fun and this project just gave me an excuse to improve on painting a flower with watercolor. 

I use to really struggle with watercolor. I have always really enjoyed it, but for some reason I was just never that happy with my ending art piece. I guess because of my past, I have been kind of scared of water color. This project kind of forced me to longer be afraid. I had to jump in and do the project, and I was determined to have an ending piece I was happy with. 

Here is a short step by step tutorial on how to do this project. 





First, Collect your materials. You will need 

> A large piece of water color paper.
> A sketchbook
> A pencil
> A ruler
> Scissors
> Blue Painters tape
> Paint Brushes
> Watercolor
> Flower
> Water 


Tear out a Piece of paper from your sketchbook and cut a one-inch by one-inch square in the center of your paper. 




Look through your hole to view different perspectives of your flower. Sketch a few different perspectives in your sketch book then choose your favorite perspective.  

Measure out your square on your paper and tape off your square. 



< Lightly sketch out your flower. 



> Then jump in and start painting. 










Remember to not just use the given colors but to mix your own colors! 



Keep painting away until you are happy with the final look. Remember to use different techniques like wet-on-wet to create different looks. 




When all done, let dry and then gently pull off the tape to reveal a perfect border. 













No comments:

Post a Comment